Monday, November 11, 2013

IMPORTANT UPDATE:Transmission Just Went Out!

TRANSMISSION TRAGEDY!
By Pamela Rae Schuffert presenting investigative journalism from a Biblical Christian perspective-
www.AmericanHolocaustComing.blogspot.com

I want to apologize for not posting for a week now. However, there is a reason. I have been feeling overwhelmed lately by recent events. Last Thursday as I was driving to the local health food store to get some health food supplements for my brother John, unexpected crisis struck.
My SUV, now in the shop for repairs

As I began to drive my vehicle, my engine made an alarming noise and suddenly lost most of it's power. I soon realized that it was transmission related...it would not even go into reverse. And so I limped my poor Chevy Tahoe SUV over to the closest Chevy dealership, and told them to give it a diagnostic check up. They did so, and returned with the verdict.

"The good news is, we discovered what the problem is," Kyle with SERVICE AND REPAIRS at the Chevy dealership told me.

He then showed me a list of transmission related problems they had detected. "And we can fix all of this here," he concluded.

The BAD news??? "Well, it will cost you about $2000.00 or so to correct all these problems..."

My heart sunk. Due to my previous blog post, emergency funds were thankfully coming in to help support John's health issues, and to support me as I looked for employment.

And now, approximately $2000.00 are needed to get my vehicle out of the Chevy dealership repair service here. Kyle told me it should be ready to go on Wednesday of this week (November 13th).

This will wipe out much of the emergency support funds that came in just recently.

Because of my vehicle being in the shop since last Thursday, I have not even been able to go to assist my brother until today, when a kind person offered to provide transportation to go there to see him. 
John thanks you deeply for your prayers.

John was so happy to see me. I was able to give him his vitamins and daily organic protein smoothie that is rebuilding his strength, and spend time in prayer with him as well.

Without my vehicle I cannot search for employment and go to interviews, nor assist John. It is also my only home I have to live in at this time. One kind Christian friend, a nurse, let me stay temporarily in her home while my vehicle is being repaired.

And so I have no choice but to use our recent emergency funds to get this vehicle out of the shop on Wednesday. But that is exactly what emergency funds and support are for: emergencies. Pray for enough support to soon come in to cover this huge expenditure at this time.

Thank you ALL  so much for your kind support! Thank you for keeping me going until I can obtain employment to support my outreach here and assist my brother recover as well.

John and I remain eternally thankful for your prayers and support at this time. May God bless you all for your kindness at this difficult time, and reward you accordingly in the times to come that we all face together. Pray for John's continued healing, and for employment to open quickly for me as well. 
Thank you!


-Pamela and John-
P O. Box 724,
Montreat, NC 28757

No comments:

Post a Comment